EB1 preference classifications

U.S. EB1 Attorneys

Multinational Executives and Managers, Aliens of Extraordinary Ability, and Outstanding Researchers and Professors


If you are seeking help obtaining an employment based green card for multinational executives and managers, professors and researchers, or other aliens with extraordinary ability, the U.S. EB1 attorneys at Ventresca & Ventresca, LLP, can help. With 20 years of successful experience assisting other clients through the complex process, our United States visa lawyers understand the importance of providing accurate information and prompt action to keep highly skilled workers in the county.

Serving Clients from Around the World

At the law firm of Ventresca & Ventresca, LLP, our U.S. EB1 attorneys serve many clients born in India and China who have first preference skills needed in many of the professional medical and technical fields.

Requirements for U.S. Employers Filing for Multinational Executives and Managers

Companies seeking visas for executives or managers need to file a petition with a statement and supporting documents that demonstrate such things as:

  • If candidates are outside the U.S., they need to have been employed for at least one year in the past three years in a managerial or executive capacity by a firm or corporation or other legal entity, or by its affiliate or subsidiary.
  • If candidates are already in the U.S. working for the same employer, affiliate or subsidiary, they need to have been employed by the entity abroad in a managerial or executive capacity for at least one year in the three years preceding their entry as a nonimmigrant.
  • That the prospective employer in the U.S. is the same employer or subsidiary or affiliate of the firm or corporation by which they were employed abroad.
  • That the prospective U.S. employer has been doing business for at least one year.
  • That the alien is to be employed in the U.S. in a managerial or executive capacity, with a description of the duties to be performed.

Extraordinary Ability in Science, the Arts, Education, Business or Athletics

Aliens with extraordinary ability may apply to work in the United States. To do so, they must meet particular requirements. These may include the following:

  • providing evidence of a one-time achievement award, which must be a major, internationally recognized award
  • OR
  • meet at least three of the following categories:
  • receipt of lesser nationally or internationally recognized prizes or awards for excellence in a field
  • membership in associations in the field; the associations must require outstanding achievements as determined by nationally or internationally recognized experts
  • published material about you in professional or trade publications, or other accepted media
  • participation on a panel or individually as a judge of the work of others in a field
  • original scientific, scholarly, artistic, athletic or business related contributions of major significance
  • authorship of scholarly articles in the field, in professional or trade publications, or other accepted media
  • display of work at artistic exhibitions or showcases
  • evidence of performance in a leading or critical role for organizations or establishments with distinguished reputations
  • evidence of a high salary or other remuneration for service
  • evidence of commercial success in the performing arts, as shown by box office receipts or records, cassettes, compact discs, or video sales
  • if the above standards do not apply to the occupation, the alien may submit comparable evidence to establish eligibility



Specific Outstanding Professor and Researcher Classifications


Those seeking permanent visas or green cards for outstanding professors or researchers need to submit evidence of the following:

  • receipt of major prizes or awards for outstanding achievement in the academic field
  • membership in associations in the academic field, which require outstanding achievements of their members
  • published material in professional publications written by others about the prospective visa candidate‚Äôs work in the academic field
  • participation on a panel, or individually, as the judge of the work of others in the same or an allied academic field
  • original scientific or scholarly research contributions to the academic field
  • authorship of scholarly books or articles, or publication in scholarly journals with international circulations, in the academic field


Additional evidence will document that the alien candidate has at least three years of experience teaching or researching in the academic field, as well as a letter from the employer stating that they plan to employ the alien in a permanent teaching or research position in the academic field.


Contact Ventresca & Ventresca, LLP, for More Information

Because there are more types of evidence and documents that need to be filed in a timely manner, contact a U.S. EB1 attorney at Ventresca & Ventresca, LLP, to sit down and discuss your unique situation in person. We will be able to create a specific strategy tailored to your life and your goals.