Fiance / Marriage Petition

K-1 Visa Attorneys


The K-1 visa classification is for a U.S. citizen who wants to bring their her or his fiancé or fiancée to the United States for the purpose of getting married. K-1 visas are not available to the fiancé(e)s of permanent residents. At the law firm of Ventresca & Ventresca, LLP, in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, our K-1 visa attorneys have spent 20 years uniting couples who wish to be together. In addition to serving clients from Pennsylvania, New York, Massachusetts, Michigan, California, and New York, we have represented many clients from throughout the entire United States.

We understand that you are stressed about being apart and need timely and effective legal guidance. That is why our immigration lawyers focuses solely on immigration matters and we do it well. When clients come to use with questions, they know they will deal directly with an attorney who understands the steps in getting a fiancée petition and will help streamline and expedite the process as quickly as possible.

Basic Legal Requirements to Obtain a K-1 Visa in the U.S.
The Immigration and Nationality Act has set certain requirements that must be met before the K-1 visa is granted. These include:

  • the couple must have a good faith desire to be married
  • the couple must have met in person within the past two years, with some exceptions allowed
  • the parties must be willing and legally able to get married within 90 days of the alien’s arrival in the United States



The Process of Applying for a Fiancé(e) Visa

Once the I-129 fiancé(e) petition has been approved, the fiancé or fiancée must supply certain documents, during the second and final step called “consular processing,” such as:

  • birth certificate
  • valid passport
  • medical examination
  • evidence of support
  • photographs
  • evidence of valid relationship with petitioner
  • police certificate from all residences lived since the age of 16
  • any applicable divorce or death certificate from any previous spouse


Contact Ventresca & Ventresca, LLP, Today for an Appointment

We know that something as important as your marriage deserves the utmost attention. With our high success rate and many referrals from satisfied client, you can trust that we will work with you to help you get what you need as soon as legally allowed. For a case evaluation, contact an experienced K-1 visa attorney at Ventresca & Ventresca, LLP, today. We are also able to answer any questions you might have on the visa lottery, green card lottery, or diversity lottery.